The Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) analysis helps you determine how many calories you burn at rest. There are many ways to estimate RMR, but this method uses oxygen and carbon dioxide measurement to determine exact caloric needs to meet your health goals.
What is RMR?
- The resting metabolic rate is the amount of calories you burn when you are doing absolutely nothing.
- When we have this information, we know how many calories you need just to live and then can determine exercise and lifestyle caloric burn
Why RMR testing?
- We determine your precise caloric target– whether that is weight loss, maintenance or gain.
- Calories in/calories out calculation only works if you have a accurate caloric reading based on data other than theoretical or mathematical equations.
- Claire* was working with a trainer, eating right and experiencing weight gain. It turns out, she was eating too little, feeling bloated and fatigued. The RMR determined her resting metabolic rate was 1600 calories. Based on diet diary analysis and activity levels, she was presently consuming between 800-1000 calories per day. Basically, she was eating too little which caused her body to store fat, instead of burn. We upped her calories (with nutrient dense foods) and she continued to do the exercise she loved. She began losing the weight!
How do I take the test?
- The test is done in a calm, quiet environment.
- You breathe through a tube connected to the RMR machine for approximately 10 minutes
- The RMR machine will provide a comprehensive report upon completion. See MetaCheck Sample Report.
- This is scheduled by calling my office. Fee for the test is $95.