Here is an overview of the types of visits and care you can expect with our practice:
For information on how to work with me virtually, click HERE.
Initial visit and case review: At your initial consultation, Dr. Simms will get to know you, asking questions related to your current set of concerns, your body as a whole, past medical history, diet, lifestyle and mental/emotional health. She will decide if any laboratory testing is necessary.
The goal of this process is to gather information, to educate you on the self-healing process and to explain how Dr. Simms will serve as a guide and teacher:
Initial visit: During your first visit, Dr. Simms will compile a list of initial recommendations based on your concerns and health priorities.
These recommendations include:
- Lab recommendations: Dr. Simms will utilize advanced lab testing, going above and beyond what is offered at conventional practices.
- Nutritional recommendations: After evaluating your current diet, Dr. Simms will recommend nutritional modifications and educate you on how to make dietary changes.
- Supplement recommendations: Dr. Simms bases her herbal and nutritional supplement recommendations on both subjective (what is discussed) and objective (labs, imaging, and diagnostic studies) evidence. Sometimes, there are certain herbs, nutrients or other natural therapies that stand out after an initial discussion that can be implemented right away. Other times, Dr. Simms finds it best to order labs or other outside evaluation before proceeding with extra supplement suggestions.
- Lifestyle modification: Includes exercise and mind-body therapies
- Referrals: If through the course of the initial discussion Dr. Simms finds that you could benefit from an evaluation from a specialist or other healthcare provider, she will provide referral information
First follow-up: At your first follow-up visit, Dr. Simms will go through your labs with you, taking time to explain what each result means and how it may relate to your health and concerns. Together, you will also review your progress to date from the initial visit. Your first round of follow up recommendations will be presented as an actionable and straightforward plan of how each recommendation fits in to your labs and concerns.
Plan maintenance phase: After your first follow-up, Dr. Simms will determine what follow-up interval is right for you, always with an eye toward fine tuning your healing journey for results.
Ongoing care: After you have your immediate concerns addressed, it will be important to check in periodically to maintain the success you achieve and address any new concerns. Dr. Simms may also recommend re-checking certain laboratory parameters.