When is the last time you took a break from caffeine, alcohol, and processed foods?
I’m a proponent of using dietary ‘rules’ to get back on track and form new habits. Let’s be honest though- your liver, kidneys, skin, and digestive system are really all you need to “detox” every day. The program is designed to help you get on track. For just 21 days, you’ll get rid of the junk and eat whole unprocessed foods. You’ll add supplements to support your body’s natural detoxification process. In the end, what most people say is that they feel better, are motivated to continue making healthy choices, have lost a few pounds, and have learned a lot about food.
Here are some of the reasons my patients have done the detox plan in the past:
- Weight is stuck and would like to lose a few pounds
- Eating habits have gotten out of control- need a reset
- Wondering if I have any food sensitivities
- Have a digestive issue I’d like to fix
- Love an annual cleanse
What is included?
- 21 day custom designed Detox supplements – this isn’t your detox in a box! We hand selected each of the items in this plan based on what we know about food, nutrition, and supporting detoxification.
- Vegan Protein: protein is a required nutrient for detoxification. In addition, this formulation contains added fiber, which supports digestive health.
- Rainbow Greens: in addition to eating fruits and vegetables, concentrated fruit and vegetable powders are high in antioxidants. This powder also contains probiotics.
- GI Benefits: the detox plan focuses on supporting all of the organs of the elimination. This powder supports gastrointestinal health with herbs that lower inflammation and repair intestinal permeability, also known as leaky gut.
- Multiphase Detox: the nutrients and vitamins in the formula specifically support phase I and phase II liver detoxification.
- Stress B Complex: vitamins in the formula specifically support phase I and phase II liver detoxification.
- UNDA Group 1 and 3: homeopathic detox support for your liver and elimination pathways
- Food lists- what to eat and what to avoid
- Sample recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Pre and post symptom surveys for tracking your health
- Food reintroduction guide for strategic food reintroduction
What is optional?
- Sauna sessions in the office. We recommend 2-3 times per week.
How do I register?
- By purchasing the Detox supplements via the link, you will be automatically enrolled in the program. We will welcome you with an email and complete Detox instructions.
- Am I drinking shakes all day? Nope. Just once a day! We recommend using the protein in a breakfast smoothie (recipes included!), but if smoothies aren’t your thing, you can just have the protein in water or milk substitute.
- Can I exercise on this plan? Exercise is very beneficial for the body. Light exercise is best during the detox.
- Do I need to count calories? You do not need to count calories. Many of our patients say it is helpful to count calories if weight loss is desired. We love the app Lose It for calorie tracking.
- Will I be hungry? You should not be hungry on this plan. You should eat until you feel full. A meal should keep you full for at minimum three and up to 4-5 hours. If a meal does not keep you full for long, ask yourself: was it balanced? Did it have enough calories? Am I reaching for food for other reasons?
- What if I eat something I shouldn’t? Get back on track at your next opportunity.
- Can I dine out? Yes. Sometimes it is helpful to use a phrase like. “I am eating vegan and gluten free right now. What menu items fit this criteria?” Stating vegan requirements eliminate eggs and dairy. Or you can explain all of the things you are avoiding!
- When will I start to feel better? Some patients notice initial detox reactions where symptoms flare, they feel a little tired or might even get a headache. Most of the time, these symptoms resolve by week 2. You may notice improvements right away, or you may have detox reactions before you start to feel improvements.
- What if I have a reaction to a supplement? You can hold the supplement you believe you react to. Hold the item until the adverse symptom goes away. Try taking the item again to see if it triggers the same symptoms. If it does- discontinue and seek alternatives. If it does not- resume normal dosing.
- Do I have to challenge foods at the end of 21 days? You do not have to reintroduce any foods or food groups if you do not wish to.
- Can I continue longer than 21 days with all of the supplements? We recommend taking the MultiPhase Detox capsules for no longer than a month. All others can be safely continued.
- Is the program vegan? The program is vegan with the exception of the MultiPhase Detox- which is vegetarian.
- Are there any allergens? One of the ingredients in the MultiPhase Detox is derived from soy. There is no actual soy in the product. Only those with anaphylactic soy allergy need to avoid.
- What if I change my mind? Once the supplements ship to your home we cannot accept returns or process refunds. Shipping takes place the next business day after you place your order.
- What if I have a question not answered here? Please call the office if you have questions about this plan.